Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Natalie's Birthday

Natalie's Birthday was the 23rd. She is now 3 years old, I can't believe it. She is such a girly girl, she loves pink and purple, tea parties, babies, shoes and princesses. She is VERY independent and knows what she wants. She can be a real sweetheart one minute and the next minute she is showing off her Natttitude! We sure love this sweet little girl! She got some fun clothes, a bike and a tea party table for her birthday.

She requested a pink princess cake for her cake. I had a little trouble making it. I made the cake on Sunday and then Monday we went to buy the Barbie to go in it, and apparently I REALLY underestimated the height of a Barbie, because the cake was way too small, but it was too late to start over. So the princess cake had a mermaid style gown instead of a ballgown. I guess all that counts is that it tasted good, right?

For her birthday dinner she wanted pink pancakes, with pink applesauce, pink strawberries and pink whipped cream, pink milk and bacon. When I told her bacon really wasn't pink, she said, "that's OK because I love it."


Natalie eating her birthday dinner


The dinner in full glory (of course we had to get pink plates!)


The princess cake (she helped write her name
and did the sprinkles)
Happy Birthday Natalie, WE love you sweet girl!

3 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Wow, pink overload...can't believe she is already 3. Time flies!! Oh, and Adam says everything, and he means EVERYTHING taste good with bacon. Natalie is wise beyond her years.

Carl and Amber said...

I made the same mistake with Alyssa's first princess cake. So, I ended up putting circles of cardboard under the cake to give it height. Then, the next year I just got a $4 barbie at walmart and I ripped off the legs! I wonder if BYU offered cake decorating classes. That would have come in handy :).

Jadi said...

I can't believe she is already 3!! I love the pink food and the cake turned out cute!