(and messy face from his treat for being a good boy at the ER)
Monday, December 22, 2008
(and messy face from his treat for being a good boy at the ER)
Friday, December 5, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Pumpkin #2 (Natalie's)
Sadly the BEST picture I took of the kids and their cookies
Hunter learned this song from his Grandma Walker
(Justin used to sing it when he was little)
Friday, November 7, 2008
1. I had gotten an e-mail with funny things that kids had said when asked "what is love" so I asked Hunter and he said... "Its this" and gave me a big hug and a kiss.
2. My parents sent a box in the mail and aside from all the great stuff for everyone inside there were also some packing peanuts. Hunter climbed into the box and started throwing the peanuts into the air and shouting, "Hip, Hip, Parade."
3. When playing with his cars, he always starts of with "ladies and gentlemen" (said just like the "announcer guy" you know what I mean) then follows with something like "now here is the green car" as he drives it off the table.
4. He has started a phase of sometimes talking baby balk. So I'll say, "Hunter, talk like a big boy, please." One of the first times I said it he repeated EXACTLY what he had just said in a deeper voice.
5. After playing outside, "Mom, that was a great adventure wasn't it?"
6. We were sitting down for dinner and I was up getting one more thing from the kitchen. Hunter says, "Hey Kel, you say the blessing please." Then he folded his arms and closed his eyes. So I did!
7. He's always saying "that's not for babies, that's for big boys." Especially when Natalie is trying to play with his toys. He has recently added, "that's not for babies or for big boys, that's only for daddies (or mommies)" for anything I've asked him not to touch.
8. He often follows ANY suggestion he makes with, "that's a great idea!"
9. I was going through some boxes in the office looking for something and had some things out on the floor. Hunter came in and said, "Mom, did you make this mess?" with his hands on his hips. I said, "yes Hunter, I'm just looking for something." Hunter says, "Mom, it makes me sad when you do this, clean it up, please." I said, "Hunter, you don't have to be sad, I'll clean it up when I find when I'm looking for." A few minutes later he came back, "Mom, I SAID CLEAN IT UP, PLEASE." I said, "OK Hunter, I am." I could hardly keep from laughing.
I couldn't believe his tone, he was SO serious. It made me really think about what I say to him, do I REALLY sound like that? I must for him to say something like that .
10. On our way to Colorado for Camp Grandma, Hunter kept singing the Campbell's soup jingle in different voices, soft, loud, scary, deep... he just keep singing, "Campbell's tomato soup, Possibilities." I almost had to pull over.
11. Again on our way to Colorado, we got stuck in a traffic jam about 3 miles from our exit on I-25. Hunter asked me to roll down his window, when I did he Yelled, "Hey, move, get out of my way, I'm trying to go to Pop Pop's house!" Some people heard and just laughed.
12. In Nursery at church they made a book about Jesus Christ. When Justin picked him up from Nursery he said, "Dad, look. This is my book about Jesus Norman." We corrected him, but when I tried to figure out what he meant. I think that he was confused that He was Jesus Christ, but He was Sister Norman's brother (one of the Nursery workers).
13. I had worked a 12 hour night shift and had come home in the morning. I was getting the kids ready to take them to daycare so I could sleep. Hunter didn't want to go so I explained to him that I had worked all night while he was sleeping, and that I was really tired and needed to take a rest. He sighed and said, "OK Mom. I'll go to Jaymie's house, but only take ONE rest, OK?" I said OK and off we went.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
it said, "don't be a stinker, come to my party!")
The before cake picture...
she didn't even eat any of the cake!
Playing with her new kitchen
Here is a video that we took and Natalie just being Natalie
She is such a girl, she loves to put lotion on after her bath,
apparently I didn't put enough on, so she had to do some herself.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
On our way to Dunn's River Falls (Grandma stayed at the resort with Natalie because they wouldn't let her go) Notice Pop Pop's new outfit, since his luggage was lost, he says that he's "blending in" with the natives
Hunter and Aunt Shannon building a sand castle
Grandma and Pop Pop with the kids in the pool. (Its foggy because the camera went from the cold air conditioned room to outside)
Jelly fish track marks
This is Bob, he's the parrot that bit Natalie
He became famous at the resort for the rest of the week as Hunter from Jamaica.
P.S. If you want to see some more pictures of the trip go to mcnierney.net
Friday, July 11, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Everyone on the grass
In the front yard
They turned out pretty well for amateurs. The only things that were hard were that it was almost Natalie's nap time, and with a tripod the kids didn't have anyone to look at, so they are oblivious.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
This is not how it is supposed to look. You are supposed to just have some nice sprinkler heads gently sprinkling the land, and not flooding with a geyser. So thanks to good neighbors, cell phones and a nice Water Master (or Water Marshall, I'm not sure which title he has) it was fixed and we are now successfully pipe irrigating our land.
The other surprise we had was our Christmas present arrived from Mom and Dad Walker. We had no idea it was even coming, but we got a call from Kari, who told us to make sure we were at home around 11:30 am. The next thing we know here comes an Ashley Furniture Store truck backing up our driveway. This is what they delivered.
We really LOVE it! It was the perfect gift; exactly what we would have picked out for ourselves but never would have been able to justify spending the money on a bedroom set. So thanks Mom and Dad Walker; its perfect! We just wonder who's going to help us move it when our house is built? It took two very strong men with belts and straps galore two hours to move it in and set it up...maybe they will come back!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
But now spring is here, there are tulips blooming in our front yard and the kids have moved outside during the day. So hopefully things will calm down (wishful thinking we know.) Here are a few pictures of the kids playing outside. They were so excited that they could see the driveway that we decided to pull out the sidewalk chalk. Hunter colored pictures, and Natalie tried to eat it...but we were outside and loving it!
P.S. Natalie only has Hunter's hand-me-down hats, so she's wearing a blue baseball hat even though its not very girley she has to wear it because she doesn't have any hair to keep her scalp from being burned!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Here are the Kids' most recent pictures. They are all dressed for spring, even though it isn't quite here yet. We had them taken in Colorado while at Grandma and Pop Pop's house for Easter. While there we had lots of fun dying eggs, playing with an Aunt, Uncles, Grandparents, Great Grandpa, etc. Justin got in several rounds of golf ( in 40 degree weather one day), Justin and Kelli got to go out on a date, and we even celebrated Great Grandpa's 80th birthday!