Thursday, June 11, 2009

Disney World!

So I know that most of you are looking at my last post and thinking, "pictures of snow, now that has to have been a LONG time ago." I wish that that were the case. We were tired of STILL not being able to see our grass in April, so we thought we'd go somewhere warmer. Grandma and Pop Pop wanted to take the grandkids to Disney World (and decided to invite their mom as well.) Justin couldn't get the time off work and so had to stay home and bring the bacon.

The trip was a blast. I've never seen Hunter SOO excited in my life. We rode rides, got autographs (in the same autograph book that my siblings and I used when we went to Disney World as kids), kisses from Jasmine, saw fireworks, went swimming, went out to dinner...it was a three year old's dream. I think every conversation went something like this, "Hey Grandma, Can I....?" Grandma says, "Of course Hunter." He LOVED it.
Natalie would be so excited to see the characters...until it was our turn in the line. She'd say, "Pluto, yeah. Hi Pluto, Hi puppy. I love Pluto. I give Pluto a kiss." We go to meet Pluto, and she clings to Mom. We also thought that we were being smart to rent the double stroller so that both kids could ride and there wouldn't be any fights. We were wrong. Natalie walked more than she rode in the stroller. I kept trying to get her to ride in the stroller or be held, it's a little bit scary to have your 20 month old walking at Disney World, especially when she wouldn't hold my hand and say, "MY DO IT!"


The trip was a big success, the kids were thoroughly worn out every day. Well, so were Grandma, Pop Pop and Mom for that matter. I can't wait to be able to do it again.
Thank You Grandma and Pop Pop for a great vacation, and an experience that we wouldn't have been able to provide for several years!

Hunter and Pop Pop on the Buzz Lightyear ride (Hunter's Favorite)



Hunter got to "drive" the Monorail twice!



This time she even let him push a button, ooohh



Kelli and Natalie Swimming at the Hotel pool


Hunter and Pop Pop swimming

Everyone with Mickey Mouse

The tube ride at the kiddie place at Typhoon Lagoon



This is the life!



Kelli, The kids and Pop Pop at Typhoon Lagoon


Look We match!


Hey, We match too!


Pop Pop with both kids


Hunter outside the Buzz Lightyear ride


Kelli, the kids and Grandma in front of Cinderella's castle



Natalie is ready to go swimming!


If you want to see more pictures go to http://www.mcnierney.net/

3 comments:

Raymey, Kelly, and Madeline said...

What a fun trip, I am completely jealous, but happy that you guys had such a good time! I really like the matching pictures, they're cute! I'm glad I found your blog Kelli!

Carol Ann said...

Wow! What a fun trip! I found you through Kelly's blog, and now I can stop by and see what is up with you! Hope you are all doing well!

Carl and Amber said...

Cute hair! I haven't seen it that short since Freshman year! My kids were in heaven at Disneyland. Isn't it amazing that they can be perfectly content standing in line for 30-40 min. and then riding a two min. ride. Yet, they don't sit still for more than five min. at church. There is truly some kind of spell cast over that place.